Sunday 1 February 2015

Why we love Mustela - Mommy Edition

I must have been the least vain of all my girlfriends. I could simply live on lipgloss and powder alone, and there have been days I'm okay as I am. However, when I got pregnant with Baby Charley, I became really concern with my skin post-pregnancy - stretch marks and rashes and all. Yes, I can live with all the morning sickness, but please no to permanent dreadful stretch marks! Rawr. 

My OB from Makati Med, Dra. Marinette Sto. Domingo, God bless her pretty soul, has been giving me a lot of helpful advices on how to have a "glowing" pregnancy. One of the products that she recommends is that from Mustela 9 Months

Mustela is a mommy and baby company that uses all natural ingredients including avocado, sunflower, lupin, shea, and aloe vera. All of their products are hypoallergenic, so it is guaranteed to be safe to baby's delicate skin. 

You can check more of their products here

One of the first Mustela's I tried was the Stretch Mark Oil that promised to improve skin elasticity and softness therefore preventing the appearance of stretch marks. I have been using this product since I was on my first trimester, and even after I have given birth, I still do. I apply just a small amount to my belly (yay! stretch marks free!), breasts, and thighs. The results were amazing! Even though this is oil based, I didn't get any sticky, greasy feeling despite using this twice daily! Also available is the lotion-based Stretch Marks double action, but this is more expensive than the oil-based. :) 

Come third trimester, less than a month before my due date, I was diagnosed with PUPPP (Puritic Urticated Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy) which is a non-contagious skin rash that occurs in barely 1% of pregnant women (lucky me! :( ). Basically, I had this rash all over my body except my face. The itch was  terrible! My OB offered to prescribe me with vitamins and some cream but I was informed that the only thing that could cure it is...well, giving birth. Frustrated, I consulted Mustela and they offered me Stelatopia Lipid-Replenishing Balm for dry and eczema-prone skin. This is usually for babies, but I wanted to give it a shot.  Fortunately, it worked wonders for me! The itchiness became bearable and the irritations have lessened. I did still get some itch once in a while, but I simply apply this, and it would be okay. That meant, I could finally get some sleep despite having PUPPP's! The lotion is thick and sticky and it could be a problem if you're living in the Metro, but once your skin has absorbed it, the sticky feeling would be gone. 


Yes, Mustela products are a bit pricey compared to other skin products (prices range from 1,000++ for a 400ml bottle), but there is nothing else I would recommend besides these. In fact, it is worth every centavo you pay. 

Mustela can be bought from their kiosk in Greenbelt and from their Facebook account. You may also send a message to 0917-8959988. 

You may also want to read, "Why we love Mustela - Baby Edition".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!