"Are we throwing a first birthday party for Baby Charley?"
First birthday parties are fun, especially if there are a lot of baby attendees! However, I personally don't think it is for everyone - especially if the mommy is as kuripot as me. Since there are still less than 3 months before Baby Charley's first birthday, my roommate and I could still discern well and hard whether or not Baby Charley would be having a party in December.
Here are our thoughts so far.
- There will be a lot of baby attendees! Imagine having lots of cute one year olds in the party, and it'll be the cutest day ever! However, since Baby Charley is just a baby, she probably won't remember much about her party and so would the other baby attendees. Therefore, we'll be spending for the entertainment of mommies, daddies, and titos in the party, and if that would be the case, we should have a drinking party instead. :)
- Babies, and parties, and baby parties are expensive. We have asked mommies of Baby Charley's batchmates about an estimate of how much they spent on their parties, and it was pretty big for some. Even if we're gonna DIY most of the party needs, we're still gonna spend lots on food, drinks, party favors, and entertainment (?).
- We wish to personalize the event. Okay, I have big time issues about being a guest in my own event *cough! wedding!* and I wish to claim Baby Charley's birthday to be totally ours. So far, if ever, a birthday party will push through, we have thought of the simplest themes yet. A) Cat in the hat, and B)Blue and Yellow #weddingwhogoat
- It's a celebration of life! Friends and families know that we have long waited and prayed for Baby Charley, and her first birthday is indeed a celebration of our thanksgiving for this wonderful and super kulit na blessing. There's no better way to celebrate it than with families and friends who were one with us in prayers before.
|Baby Charley oblivious of the |
planning happening around her
- We're a simple family and wish everything to be intimate. If you have read my wedding story, you probably know by now that there were only a handful of people I could truly say I personally know, and this time, we really wish Baby Charley's event to be a simple, intimate affair. However, you guys probably don't know my mother and how she deals with parties. *sigh*
- Baby Charley would probably not enjoy much. Unless the party involves making a mess, destroying furniture, and eating Bibions, Baby Charley would probably ignore the whole event. She got scared of the Grimace Mascot on one party we attended, so she probably would curse us if we bring one on her first birthday.
So far, Team Hernandez has not reached any decision whether or not Baby Charley would be having a first birthday party. We still have 3 months to think about it, but if we ask Baby Charley, she'll probably say...