Monday 18 May 2015

My Bags are Ready, but My Heart is Not

My clothes are already prepared in my maleta. My travel documents are also in my Jansport hand-carry already. Everything is set for 3 day trip to Bali, Indonesia tomorrow. Everything - except my heart.

This is the first time that I would be far from my 5 month old, Baby Charley. I can't bear the thought that I would be sleeping four nights without her. I must admit that I'm guilty (while Mommy is frolicking at the beach, Baby Charley is sweaty and all in Makati) and terrified. What if she wakes up in the middle of the night? What if she gets sick? What if she looks for me? What if i would miss an important milestone in that 4 nights? 

To keep myself sane (so far so good), I have prepared her milk and milk bottles, folded her clothes and separated her day and night clothes, reminded my roommate (my husband, btw) not to overfeed baby Charley and to let her take her daily vitamins, and fixed her pillow countrymen (just her pillows, :D) 

Before I drive myself crazy thinking of these what-if's, my roommate keeps reassuring me that it's okay. It's okay to have time for myself. It's okay to have time with my colleagues. He added that being sent abroad for an educational tour is an amazing opportunity I should take. It's good that we could do some benchmarking in an international school there, but it's also awesome that I enjoy and bond with my friends in Assumption - hello, Bali Beach!!!

God bless my husband's selfless soul. He is such love and always knows how to make me feel better.

I can say that it's still with a heavy heart to leave Baby Charley for three days, but I'm sure that everything will be okay afterwards. As the quote goes, we are under the same sky anyways, and she will always be in my heart and in my prayers.

So, Baby Charley, I shall miss you in three days, and I will see you soon! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!